Saturday, September 5, 2020

Preparing to Lay More Bricks

Saturday: (09/05) A mostly good air day. I worked in the yard. I dug a trench for a faucet under Ernie’s trailer for the utility service. I relocated a couple of pipes and installed the pipe for the faucet. I also energized it and then found a geyser. Seems one of the used PVC pipes I used had a hole in it. With that fixed, another task complete. Dawn’s pumpkin pie for breakfast. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Chili for dinner.

 

Sunday: (09/06) Another really bad air day with really high temps. After breakfast I and some Sunday morning TV I finally got outside and to work. I installed the drain line extension. I did have to make a run to the hardware store for a 45 degree ell. I did a little backfilling as well. I also worked at setting the pull box level before Lou called me inside because of the bad air quality. She had already been complaining because it was 106 degrees but the AQI had been good. I relaxed the rest of the afternoon and evening in the RV with the AC on. It was really struggling to cool it off. Lou’s refried bean casserole for breakfast. Chili for lunch. DoorDash dinner from the Crepevine restaurant. 


Monday: (09/07) Leftovers from the fridge for breakfast and lunch. Another scorcher today plus the air is bad. Lou and I did go outside and try to fix the cooler. I determined it appears that the filters are obstructing the air flow too much, Lou did replace the filter material this spring and they appear correct. I removed the filter material from the frames and washed the filter material. It cleared the dirt on the outside and possibly broke any calcium deposits off. It did appear to work a bit better after the cleaning. Ernie said his trailer was about 95 degrees inside even with his cooler. We were around 79 degrees. A nice ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Leftover soup for dinner.

Tuesday: (09/08) Granola and banana for breakfast. I spent some time in the morning outside trimming the arbor. I filled a compost bin. Only about 10 more to do this fall. Lunch was Chili beans for lunch. Leftover soup and toast for dinner. 

Wednesday: (09/09) Granola and banana for breakfast. No sun today. The high smoke cover made the morning light dim and orange. Even with that, the air quality says it’s OK. On the high side of good and low side of moderate. We do have a lot of ash falling from the sky though. Dawn had her online class and I attended my Wednesday webinar. A nice ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. After lunch I did a little work in the yard. I rebuilt the piping for the drip distribution in the pull box by Ernie's trailer. It has been leaking. I determined it is because the drip tubing is ½’ not ⅝” and the slip fittings don’t latch well. Ernie also had me work on his shower. He replaced the shower hose but couldn’t get it on the valves. I got it on, eventually. The threads are crossed. But, the valve needs replacing as well because the valve assembly leaks now. I ordered a replacement. Dawn made spaghetti for dinner. The photos below look reddish because the sky was reddish due to the heavy smoke to to many forest fires nearby.

 

 

Thursday: (09/10) Granola and banana for breakfast. Lou had an online class this morning. After her class we went to Grocery Outlet market for a few things. Today is much different that yesterday. The sky is not orange like yesterday but the sky is gray and still no sun. Also the air is worse today. We had Subway sandwiches for lunch. Chili beans for dinner. Lou and Dawn had some German food from Redwood City. 

Friday: (09/11) Another really bad air day. I never got outside all day. Just computer tinkering and TV all day. A ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast. Shrimp green salad for lunch. Shrimp and grits for dinner. 

Saturday: (09/12) I slept in because I was “busy” watching movies into the late night. I had a ham and cheese sandwich for brunch about 1100. I get the bread from Lou and Dawn’s sandwiches from Subway and other restaurant bread. In the afternoon Ernie cornered me to complete his shower faucet replacement. Fortunately it is a nice day today but still the air is bad. We, at least, cast a shadow today. Lou made shrimp tacos for an early dinner. Avocados for desert.

Sunday: (09/13) Granola for breakfast. Lunch from Los Altos Taqueria. Lou made artichoke chicken over rice for dinner. Another bad air day. The air looked more clear but the reported air quality was still very bad. The flowers below were seen in the neighborhood an a stroll.


Monday: (09/14) Another bad air day. Around AQI 190 all day. We all went for a little drive through the Palo Alto and Los Altos hills to just get outside. We then stopped at the Walmart Neighborhood Market for groceries. Granola for breakfast. Leftover artichoke chicken and rice for lunch. 

Tuesday: (09/15) Bad air most of the day but it was good around 1600. I hunkered down tinkering on the computer all day working on websites. Granola for breakfast. Pizza from Chicago Pizza for lunch. Squash soup for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment