Thursday, September 17, 2020

Trailer Foundation

Thursday: (09/17) Leftover corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. Another good air day. I got outside and did some backfill by Ernie’s trailer. I set the pull box level and built a form for the tongue jack base. We all went to lunch at the Country Inn in Cupertino. Back home I poured the concrete for the base. I had to repair the shovel handle as well. After a shower I retired to my man cave (RV) and studied for my hopeful adventure van design. Leftover pizza for dinner.

 

Friday: (09/18) I spent some time removing the form from yesterday’s concrete pour and backfilling. I can’t tamp the backfill for several days when the concrete will have cured sufficiently. I also rode the bike over to Ace Hardware and bought a screw for the RV roof fan knob. I also installed the replacement light fixture above the dinette. I only bought one to confirm it was the right size to cover the huge hole that the previous fixture needed. I had to increase from the 3” light to this 5” light to cover it. At first I thought I got a dud fixture because the dimming was intermittent and the light would not remain off. It turns out the fan above the dinette and on the same wire added enough electrical noise to affect the light operation. So, having determined it was a good enough fixture to use, I tried to order more. I need another on the opposite side of the dinette and two for above the couch. Should have ordered then originally because I was only able to get one and can’t locate another source. Hopefully they get back in stock sometime later. Leftover omelet from yesterday’s Country Inn Visit. For lunch we went to the Cupa Cafe in Mountain View. On the way home we stopped at trader Joe’s for a few things. Lou made hamburgers for dinner.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment