Monday, January 18, 2021

A Sunday Drive

 Monday: (01/18) I made scrambled eggs with ham and home fried potatoes for breakfast. Then I was off to Lowe’s in Sunnyvale for a few things. Lou made steak with baked potatoes and stewed tomatoes from our garden. I worked all day digging out around the fountain for the new borders. Dawn made quesadillas for dinner followed by fresh yogurt.

Tuesday: (01/19) Return to sanity eve. Tomorrow tRump is gone. Scrambled eggs with home fried potatoes and bacon. We had extremely high winds today as well as all last night. Lou, Dawn and I cleaned up the fallen branches from the oak tree and our yard people then blew the yard and picked up the leaves. Lou and I headed off to Lowe’s where I bought more PVC pipe fittings. On the way home we picked up lunch at the Lucky Chinese Bistro. Leftover Chinese for dinner.

Wednesday: (01/20) A nice morning watching the changing of the guard at the Whitehouse. tRump is gone and the adults have arrived. I don’t like the pledge of allegiance and don’t repeat it because of the words in it since the 1950's. Today I really liked that it was led by a woman fire captain who signed it for the deaf. Just one of the inclusive elements of the inauguration. I also really liked the poet Amanda Gordon. Outstanding. She says she will be president in 2036. I’d like to see that. Lady Gaga did a good job with the anthem and she had an effective way of maintaining social distance with her hoop-like dress. Her dove and olive branch broach were interesting. Biden gave a just right speech as well. It was interesting that the sun came out and it stopped snowing when Binden spoke. Granola and banana for breakfast. Ham, cheese and hummus sandwich for lunch. Refried beans and chips for dinner.

Thursday: (01/21) I worked on the arbor project all day. I got the water and sprinkler piping reconfigured for the new valves and concrete borders. I made another run to Lowe’s for more PVC fittings and a load of concrete bags. Granola for breakfast. Chinese lunch from China Wok in Sunnyvale. Tater-tot casserole for dinner.

Friday: (01/22) Rainy day. Lou and I headed off to Walmart to get a few things. Granola for breakfast. Dawn’s homemade bread and leftover hot and sour soup for lunch. Sauerbraten over baked potatoes for dinner.

Saturday: (01/23) No rain but still wet today. Worked on the arbor digging out the remainder of the North side. In doing so I managed to break the water line to the faucets. I need to do a little reworking of the water lines in addition to the repair. Lou and I went to Lowe’s for a few more PVC pipe fittings and some rebar in the late afternoon. Leftover Chinese food for breakfast. Leftover Hot and Sour soup, apple pie and refried beans for lunch. Dawn made a nice soup for dinner.

Sunday: (01/24) A rainy day. Leftover Dawn’s soup/stew for breakfast. We packed lunch and headed out for a Sunday drive today. We drove up Mount Hamilton and past Lick Observatory then into the San Antonio Valley. We drove up into the clouds so no great views from the top. One of our huge complex fires burned most of the East side of Mount Hamilton and nibbled around the observatory. We wanted to get a look and the extent of the damage and fortunately there are some trees that survived. Dave’s Ranch is in San Antonio Valley but was fortunately spared from the fire. We stopped at the Junction Cafe for lunch. Not much of a menu. They just reopened on weekends under new owners. I had a nice Beyond burger. Lou and Dawn couldn’t get anything gluten free so they enjoyed their packed lunch sandwiches. We returned through Livermore and Pleasanton then through Niles Canyon to the Niles District of Fremont. All of the driving to here was on local roads, no freeways. We caught Highway 237 to dash the rest of the way home. I had my leftover lunch sandwich for dinner. Lou and Dawn had other leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment