Tuesday, January 12, 2021

RV Battery Test

Tuesday: (01/12) Sauerbraten on a baked potato for breakfast. I trimmed my hair, beard, eyebrows, and ears after breakfast. Lunch from Taqueria El Grullense. Otherwise a relaxing day inside even though it wasn’t bad outside. The sun never got through the cloud cover but it wasn’t cold. One of these days I’m going to have to get to work. Granola for dinner.

Wednesday: (01/13) I made a nice ham egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast. I attended my Wednesday AlphaAnywhere webinar in the morning. Also busy listening and watching tRump get impeachment #2. Lou made open faced roast beef sandwiches with apple coleslaw for lunch. In the afternoon I updated the WiFi connections on three of my cameras that were on a repeater I removed. I also removed the power cord that went to the front yard Christmas tree. Baked beans and sausage for dinner. For desert Lou made a cranberry pear pie which Ernie requested.

Thursday: (01/14) The RV batteries were down to 46% this morning. The refrigerator running yesterday helped bring it down as well as about 10 minutes of microwave use. The new microwave is power hungry so with other loads like the refrigerator it maxes out the inverter at 1980 watts. The inverter managed to not trip even with 10 minutes use. Anyway, Since the battery was discharged about 220 amp hours I was able to test the solar and alternator charging. I had to raise my panels due to the low sun angle. But two of my panels had shades so the maximum solar charge I could get was 13 amps from the 180 watts of panels in the sun. I started the RV engine and it raised the charge to 38 amps. That confirms that the mx alternator charge is 25 amps and the probable mx solar charge is 25 amps if all panels are exposed to the sun. With that test done I exercised the generator for a while before turning the service pedestal power back on to recharge the batteries. Lou and I did some shopping at our new produce market and then at Smart and Final. Ham egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast. Chicken pot pie for lunch. Beef broccoli rice stew for dinner.

Friday: (01/15) Nice day. Later in the morning I hopped on my bike and rode over for a look at the Stanford Arizona Cactus Garden. No flowers on this visit. I then rode over to the Stanford Dish walk entrance and walked the 4 mile loop by the radio dish. On the way home I picked up lunch at Panda Express. Back home I took a nap the rest of the afternoon. Granola and a banana for breakfast. Chinese food from Panda Express for lunch. A slice of pizza for dinner.

Saturday: (1/16) In the morning I worked on collecting information for tax preparation. Later I started preparing my pack for my camping trip in a couple of weeks. Leftover rice stew with a slice of ham for breakfast. Chili beans for lunch. An avocado for dinner.

Sunday: (01/17) Leftover rice stew with ham and cranberry sauce for breakfast. I worked all day digging out around the fountain for the new borders. Chopped salads from our nearby Corner Bakery Cafe for lunch. Granola for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment