Monday: We prepared to leave Reno. We did some detailed shopping in preparation for being in the boonies.
We took highway 395 South to Carson City. Kenzie looked around the State Museum there while Lou and I took a walk. We then continued on to Minden and got gas then headed South on Highway 88 to Highway 89. We drove the other side of Markleeville to the USFS Markleeville campground, After turning in, and being fully committed, we saw the sign that said 24ft max RV. e continued down in hopes that that was an average limit. It wasn't. The host said we couldn't stay. I planned to unhitch and turn around in a small parking area before entering the campground but the host suggested I walk the road in the campground to see if i could make it around a loop at the end. I thought I might be able to get through. Wrong. So then we uncoupled and wound the RV between the boulders and back to the road to continue on. A good show for the one other camper in the CG. Thee host suggested Crystal Springs so we backtracked to Highway 88 again to Crystal Springs CG.
It's a nice place and has one spot that has electric and sewer but no water, so we took it. We're the only campers here other than the host. Should be nice.
Tuesday: The wind picked up in the evening and blew through the night. One of the reasons we're staying here is that the weather forecast indicated heavy winds today. We're hunkered down until the winds subside. The forecast indicated 15-25 last evening, 25-30 today with gusts of 50mph. I have no desire to be out in the open during those winds. Hopefully the forecast is correct and they become more acceptable tomorrow or the next day and we can continue South.