Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Visit To San Jose Flea Market

Saturday: (06/27) Ernie fixed egg, bacon and cheese muffins. I guest these must be called Ernie McMuffins. Today's was a scorcher, in the very high 90's. Lou and Dawn started the day with a visit to the Stanford University Auxillary Rummage Sale, their last. they've been evicted from their site on the University and haven't found a new site so are closing. Lou and Dawn will miss it.

Lou Dawn and I went down to the San Jose Flea Market. It was sure hot there. It would seem that in a down turned economy, it would be doing well. It isn't! Very few people, a lot fewer vendors. I did enjoy a very nice vanilla shake, one of the best I've had in a long time. I was quite surprised. Lou found a few treasures as usual.

We returned home and set up the misters for the dogs in the yard. They are usually locked outside all day and can only come in for the night after 8pm. We all enjoyed the cooler inside the house. Lunch was left overs. My selection was wieners and creamed peas with pearl onions mixed together.

For dinner, Ernie made another potato salad. The rest was easy. Warmed up BBQ meat of choice and green salad.

IDue to concerns for the birds, i clossed off the front door with some orange tape to try to keep down th traffic through the door. There are now 4 eggs in the nest and the bird should start setting soon. That, or we;ll have a good breakfast?

Sunday: (06/28) I started the day with a egg muffin sandwich. I'm not sure what everyone else had since I was doing my usual Sunday morning late rising and watching the Sunday Morning news shows. It was another scorcher today so sandwiches were cool for lunch.

I spent the day installing the online backup software Carbonite on all our computers. I've been using Memeo for our backup which is OK and I did like the multiple destination capabilities but I have had problems restoring files and with Memeo completing backups as scheduled. Then there is the limited backup capacity. Of course it's really limited by my desire not to pay too much. Memeo has a monthly fee and I only payed for 5GB of storage for all our computers. Carbonite only backs up to their site, not jump drives and external hard drives like Memeo can. However, it has unlimited backup capacity for a resonable annual fee. Carbonite also allows online access to any of your computer backups.That should help Dawn with here file access to her computers. Seems like the file you need is never on the computer your using. We'll see how it goes. I may continue to use Memeo for local hardware backups like jump drives and external hard drives since there is no fee for those tyoes of backups.

Another job was getting Lou's computer fixed. a few months ago when I updated ZoneAlarm, the firewall and anti-virus software we use the installation failed. It couldn't be removed or reinstalled so could be used online. After much tweaking of the registry and sneaking around I finally got it working. Frankly I would have preferred that ZoneAlarm's help system would have provided a fix but they only helped some. Still it's the best protection so I had to find a way to make it work, and did, finally.

Dinner was some smoked chicken cooked a few days ago at the big BBQ effort. Ernie also cooked some fresh spinach, and we also had cottage cheese.

Since our bird is setting, I closed off the front door with some orange tape across our porch to hopefully keep folks away. I also tied a ribbon on the inside handle. The eggs should hatch in a couple of weeks and the babies be gone after another 2 weeks so one month of using the back door for nature.

Monday: (06/29) Breakfast was Ernie's biscuits and gravy. Our neighbor dropped off a bunch of really ripe apricots so Lou and Dawn  worked on them. Our own apricots are getting close to being ripe as well.

Lunch was popcorn. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon so Lou and Dawn came along for a visit to the old Vallco Shopping Center. Dawn found some tops at Sears and I got another pair of my Sketcher shoes.

Dinner was BBQ ribs, chicken salad, and broccoli.



No comments:

Post a Comment