Monday, October 11, 2010

Wrapping Up

Monday: (10/11) Columbus Day. A hot day. What is it about Italian food. My last food poisoning was fettuccine and now pizza. I feel much better today but not perfect so I have a good excuse to relax. Lou's busy removing the carpet from the dining room. She wants to try out the hardwood floors for a while. Then it's grocery shopping day, for her.

Tuesday: (10/12) I had a little oatmeal for breakfast, leftover chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes for lunch, and nachos for dinner. I'm working at getting my appetite back. Another day off for me. Lou took the neighbor to a doctors appointment. Dawn had put our old patio cover materials on Freecycle, a local sharing website. This afternoon the stuff was picked up. Nice to see it find a good home. Another hot day today, nice to be inside tweaking thew computer keys.

Wednesday: (10/13) Pancakes and ham for breakfast, my first full breakfast since Sunday. Lunch was a half a hamburger made with some of Dawn's homemade bread. As good as it was, I guess my appetite isn't fully back yet. For dinner Lou cooked some fish, summer squash and zucchini on the rotisserie. Not much in the way of work by me. I did get the greenhouse shelves moved back into place. They had been moved away from where the fence was rebuilt. Lou refinished the hardwood floor in the dining room. Boy does that make the air foul in that part of the house.

Thursday: (10/14) Crunchfuls for breakfast. It looked like Cheerios but wasn't made with oats. Instead they used sweet peas, dry beans, and lentils to make it high protein. Actually very good but it didn't last. Of course that may be just because I was conservative on the amount eaten, unlike pre-poisoning. I decided to try and take advantage of the lack of the old hunger and only let some of it return, more like it really should be. I've lost 15  or so pounds somewhat recently and only possible a couple could be blamed on the loss of appetite due to the food poisoning last Sunday. Hopefully I can make lemonade from the lemons of being sick and loss more weight, like another 30 pounds.

We were all off to San Jose early this morning. Dawn had a job fair to go to. lou wanted to get some things from storage at Dawn's place and i want to get the ball rolling on fixing up the jeep to tow. We dropped by Leale's RV in San Jose to get a quote on setting it up. They did the old toad well so why not do another one well? We also stopped by the 4 Wheel Parts Store in downtown San Jose and ordered the skid plates for the Jeep. Either I can install them, they can, or Leale's can. It may actually be a combination of me and Leale's. There is one thing I really like about the Jeep compared to the Volvo. I can slide under the Jeep, not so with the Volvo without raising it up. If all goes well it should be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Since the breakfast was a little short, lou and I stopped by a Safeway store for a snack of meat and cheese form the deli before picking Dawn up. With Dawn in tow, we stopped for lunch at Lou's favorite LUU Noodle house. Lou and I shared a Pad Thai lunch plate and Dawn had a fried rice plate. Dawn also had a coconut milk drink and I had an Avocado smoothie. Gee, that sounds like maybe the appetite is back?

Today was another hot day, though 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. Only 87 degrees today. Looks like we're heading in the right direction now. Since I've been spending my time indoors the past few days, I really haven't noticed the heat. Inside it's in the high 60's with the little cooler running. The cooler is in our sun room and there is no ducting but we cool the whole house by opening a window in the garage and the air passes through all the rooms snaking through the house and exits there.

Friday: (10/15) Ernie took off for Bakersfield to his 45th high school reunion. We get to watch the dogs while he's gone. Lou and Dawn went to the Stanford Rummage Sale. I tinkered at the computer much of the day and located a tire dealer to replace the RV front tires. Lou made an omelet for breakfast. Leftovers for lunch. For dinner Dawn made her sausage, potato, onion and kale soup.

Saturday: (10/16) I entertained the dogs while Lou and Dawn returned to the rummage sale with the neighbor. After lunch we headed down to Campbel, a city surounded by the City Of San Jose, The still have a nice downtown village and were having an Octoberfest today. We looked around. Not much in the way of crafts but they did have the requisite brats, schnitzels, German potato salad and of course beer. Lou and Dawn checked out a couple of thrift stores on the way home. Today was overcast all day and never did get warm. I actually prefer this slight cold to the hot of a couple of days ago.

Lou fixed waffles with sausage for breakfast. Leftover soup with toast was lunch. We stopped at Chevy's Fresh Mex for dinner. They had a nice coupon in the paper. Definitely makes the free newspaper worthwhile.

Sunday: (10/17) What a difference a couple of days makes. Our high temerature today is forecast to be 64 degrees. It's dropped 10 degrees per day for a few days from the mid to high 90's. Would have been a good day to get outside and move around except for  the rain all afternoon. I spent the day reading all the election material and decided all the measures on the ballot. Far too many of them now days with big business always putting a dozen or so on the ballot for their special interests. Lou was busy ripping out more carpet from the living room.

Strawberry pancakes with sausage for breakfast. Ieftovers for lunch. pot roast, vegetable soup and cottage cheese. Artichokes, porkchops and spaghetti squash for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment