Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Telegraph Pass Hike

Tuesday: (01/29) Opps! I was the only hiker other than the organizer but since I was 20 minutes late, the organizer had gone home. I decided to do the hike anyway. I drove out to the trailhead which was a short way out a 4x4 road then hiked up the mountain.

Telegraph Pass Night Hike Peak Bench Telegraph Pass Night Hike Yuma Night Lights
My new head light worked great lighting the way for my night hike. I had a snack on the nice dark bench at the top. I enjoyed the hike under the stars with views of the city lights below in the valley.

Telegraph Pass Night Hike Signs On Gate Telegraph Pass Night Hike Geocache
A lot of signs on the gate at the bottom with ominous messages. On the way down the mountain I did a little geocaching finding several caches like the one above right. Nice hike. Here is a GPS track for the hike up to the top of Telegraph Pass.  4.5 miles, over 1631 feet of climb, about 1073 feet elevation change.

No comments:

Post a Comment