Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Lazy Daze

Wednesday: (04/29) Granola for breakfast. I worked in the shop most of the day. I fabricated and welded up the mounting plate for the trike basket mount. In order to accomplish that, I had to stop by our local Harbor Freight Tools store. I mostly just needed some grinding wheels and a pin wrench but I , of course, came away with a bag full of stuff. A wonderful toy store it is. Tuna and cheese sandwich for lunch.

Thursday: (04/30) A hot dog omelet for breakfast. More relaxing for me today. Except to doing some exercises the doctor prescribed for my knee.  I've been binge watching the Marco Polo TV series. Lou and I stopped by the LUU Noodle House for a late  lunch. Dawn was busy with appointments. Asparagus and scalloped potatoes for diner.

Friday: (05/01) Granola for breakfast.  Lou and Dawn were gone all day to the East bay for an appointment and to go thrift store shopping. They said they had some nice crepes for lunch and great hard cider and clam chowder for dinner. I relaxed at home all day. I had corned beef and cheese sandwich for lunch and corned beef and rice for dinner.

Saturday: (05/02) We started with our weekly shopping trip to Walmart, Trader Joe's, Sprout's, and Grocery Outlet. A nice circuit. I fixed scrambled eggs with chorizo, onions and peppers for breakfast. We stopped by an open house in our neighborhood. I walked the six blocks to the house and then on to Fry's Electronics. It was only about a mile total but my knee noticed it. Nice to get out though. Chicken salad for lunch. Hamburgers and baked fries for dinner. We all went to the Redwood Bluegrass Association concert where Della Mae performed. A really good all girl bluegrass group but not entirely bluegrass. They seemed to smoothly blend country, jazz, experimental and bluegrass together.

Sunday: (05/03) I took the Jeep to get an oil change. It took some time though. Since it hasn't been used but a couple of short trips in the ast couple of months I wanted to exercise the engine some first. I drove over to Best Buy and REI to look around. At REI I found a pair of wet socks I've been looking for for a while. I'll carry them to use if I need warm feet going through water and snow. My running Cascadia 9 shoes are only good for water up to 1/2 inch deep if I don't make waves. Gee, I hope I get back to the trail sometime so I can use this stuff. Anyway, then i returned to my local Jiffy Lube location having passed a couple of other locations. They couldn't do the job because their computer was down. So I got to warm the engine a little more returning to another location. All this because I got a coupon from them. I also found a low lef rear tire on the RV but it seemed to have the proper pressure? I also need to repair a broken valve stem extension mount. That turned in to a project, mostly trying to find tools. Tomorrow I'll get some material to repair it. Actually this was a productive day compared to most recently. Boysenberry pancakes for breakfast. Dawn made Shepherd's Pie for dinner.

Monday: (05/04) Lou and i visited the hardware store and then REI. She wanted a good sun shirt like I wear on the trail. Her sun allergy is acting up. Lou's pecan pie for breakfast. LUU Noodle House for lunch. Leftover Shepherd's pie with corn on the cob for dinner.

Tuesday: (05/05) Cinco de Mayo. Yogurt and blackberries for breakfast. My stomach wasn't happy much of the day so I was in relaxation mode all day. I did finish my binge viewing of the Longmire TV series, season 3. I had a half tuna sandwich for lunch. Papa John's pizza had a special for half off your order today. I took advantage of it and ordered a giant pizza for $12.50. They make a pretty good pizza and when they are on sale I often take advantage of it for a pizza. Lou and Dawn can't share because they aren't gluten free so a big pizza lasts me a while. They had liver and onions.

Wednesday: (05/06) French toast for breakfast. I got the basket installed on Dawn's trike after another trip to the hardware store. More pizza for my dinner. Lou and Dawn had leftover liver and onions.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment