Friday, April 8, 2022

Purple Artichokes

Friday: (04/08) Big day of discovery in the gardens. All three purple artichoke plants are producing. The other two plants each have one artichoke on them now. From nothing to a one inch sized choke in a day. A hot day but only a day. Also, in the backyard swing garden, I have half a dozen bean plants popped up, some carrots and a broccoli plant. I had some rice with a banana and honey for breakfast. I rode over to the Grocery Outlet Market and bought some salad kits and milk. We had salad for lunch. Shepherd’s Pie for dinner.

Saturday: (04/09) I made ham, eggs and toast for breakfast. Lou was busy working outside emptying her temporary tent. And speaking of tents, she bought a huge family tent at the thrift store and we erected it and disinfected it. Today some of my corn popped through the surface as well as more carrots and some broccoli. I also announced a hike for Tuesday as well as signing up for one of next Friday. Salads for lunch. Lou’s Iranian chicken salad and ham for dinner.

Sunday: (04/10) Morning was nice, afternoon was windy. First, we put away Lou’s new tent from the driveway and moved the cars back into the driveway. The sewer replacement project starts tomorrow and parking is prohibited on our street. My car is parked at Meili’s house next door and Lou and Ernie’s cars are in our driveway. I prepared to start on Ernie’s trailer roof resealing . I got a piece of plywood to distribute my weight while I removed the old caulk and install the new seal tape. I also removed some weeds from the lawn. We worked in the yard a little for me and a lot for Lou and Dawn. Rice with banana and honey for breakfast. Iranian potato salad for lunch. Dawn made stew for dinner.

Monday: (04/11) We were off early to try to get our Covid booster shots. On the way to Kaiser we stopped for breakfast at A Good Morning Restaurant. We learned that you need appointments to get a shot and, yes I had tried to get one but it is next to impossible to get the appointment. I tried again after we left Kaiser and we could get an appointment in San Jose, Stockton, etc. Nothing near us. On the way home we stopped at Safeway, Whole Foods and Grocery Outlet. It was raining (more like drizzle) in the morning and extremely windy the rest of the day. I relaxed inside. Salads for lunch. Leftover stew for dinner.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment