Saturday, April 23, 2022

Pismo SB North Campground

Saturday: (04/23) Rice and diced apple for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Nachos Supreme for dinner from Tacos El Grullense. We worked all day preparing to leave. I washed the RV, in particular the solar panels. I did the tank duty emptying and filling as needed. I checked the sprinklers for the garden to see if they are working. Dawn’s garden timer had failed due to a leak in the control. I replaced it with one of the non Internet connected timers. My preparation isn’t too involved since I live in the RV full time even here at home.

Sunday: (04/24) On the road by 1000. We drove separately as we left so I could, more easily, get into the cheap gas station that has little room to maneuver. Luckily, the lane I needed was clear when we arrived. Cash price $5.19 which is .20 - 1.30 less than other stations nearby. We then hooked up the Jeep and hit the road South. We stopped in Gilroy for breakfast at the Longhouse Restaurant, great garlic pork chops. Breakfast was about 1100 so no lunch was needed. We did stop in Greenfield for me to take a nap while Lou and Dawn explored the shops. We were settled into our campsite at Pismo Beach State Park, North Campground by 1700. For dinner we had leftover pork chops with artichokes from our garden, brussels sprouts, and pancakes.

Monday: (04/25) I made toast with ham, cheese and hummus for breakfast. Green salad with chicken for lunch. Chicken artichoke over rice for dinner. We did some shopping at Walmart and Outdoor supply. On our way yesterday our chair compartment door opened and we lost our doormat so we replaced it today. Of course, we also stopped at a couple of thrift stores on the way home. Otherwise I just relaxed in camp.

Tuesday: (04/26) My birthday. Lou made latkes with ham for breakfast. We were out of flour so she substituted cornstarch and it actually made them better. We set up her thrift shop tent. Interesting figuring out just how to do it. Even though the directions were in English, they obviously lost something in translation. About 1100, I took off for a walk. I walked South toward our usual campground in Oceana through the dunes then along the river and around the airport finally arriving at Old Juan’s Cantina. I called Lou and she and Dawn met me for a late birthday lunch. I had a wonderful Adobo Poblano pepper stuffed with chicken shrimp cheese and who knows what else. We returned to camp and I needed to do some work on the tent. We hadn’t installed the fly so I did that and added some tie down ropes because the wind had picked up and was really gusty. Lou plans on using the tent to work on a quilt and they used it for games when I took my walk.

Wednesday: (04/27) We drove up to San Luis Obispo after breakfast. I took a hike in the Irish Hill Preserve. The hike was 4.5 miles and about 800 feet climb, a good stretch. Afterwards, I stopped at Costco and joined myself. Lou and Dawn are already members. I needed to join to be able to try to use their Auto Purchase program. I had one of their chicken bakes for lunch. I then walked over to the Ford dealer and asked about ordering a van. The word was as I expected, no chance. They aren’t even able to order anything right now and if something was available it would be $5k over MSRP. So, I’ll have to make other considerations, like converting my little Hyundai. Lou and Dawn were thrifting. Leftovers for breakfast. I had a latke, some carnitas and some shrimp rice. Lunch at Costco in SLO. Roast beast with baked potatoes for dinner.

Thursday:
 (04/28) We spent the morning in San Luis Obispo. We visited a couple of thrift stores including a new one I spotted. Unfortunately I spotted two butt lift recliners there in great shape for an excellent low price of $100 each. We have been looking at replacement loveseat recliners but they run $800-3000 each. So we bought them and will pick them up Saturday. I reserved a box trailer and Lou will tow it home in the Jeep. I’ll be stopping at the Pinnacles on my way home. She may get them out of the trailer before I return or they will wait in the trailer for me to arrive. Toast for breakfast. Lunch at Pismo Fish and Chips. Salads for dinner.

Friday: (04/29) Another cold windy day. Breakfast at Francisco's Country Kitchen in Arroyo Grande. No lunch due to the slightly late and excellent breakfast. Lou made pasta with leftovers du jour for dinner. A little shopping after breakfast and otherwise relaxing at home today.

Saturday: (04/30) Leftovers for breakfast. We headed up to Morro Bay to get our Uhaul trailer. The hooking took a couple of minutes but the paperwork took 30 minutes. Uhaul's computer was down. Then we were off to Harbor Freight to get some web straps and a drop hitch. The rental trailer rode with its rear bumper quite close to the ground. We couldn't find a good drop hitch so just got the web straps. Then we made it to the thrift shop to get our two recliners. They were not open and two workers were waiting outside. It seems that the key man called in sick. After a couple of hours the shop opened and we got our chairs. I tied them down and we tried to get gas at Costco but the line was too long so we got it closer to home. Then back to camp to relax. Later we disassembled the tent and put everything away to be ready to leave tomorrow. Lunch at IHOP on the way home. Leftover lunch for dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment