Saturday, June 11, 2022

Removed Meili's Trees

 Saturday: (06/11) Another hot day. Early in the morning, I got my chainsaw out and removed the two tree shafts that remain after having removed all the dead limbs of two of the trees over the shop. I relaxed inside and planned the van’s electrical system most of the day. I received my shower pan about 2045. Chicken and rice stew for breakfast. Salad with some bologna and cheese for lunch. Mushroom rice soup with egg for dinner. At 2045, my shower pan arrived.

Sunday: (06/12) I brought the table saw out of the shop and ripped some pieces of hardboard to use as templates for the van floor installation. Then I got distracted and worked on the two electric saws that needed repair. My 48 year old saw was rather noisy when you stopped it. It sounded like it would fall apart but worked well otherwise. I cleaned it up and also removed and replaced the grease in the gearbox. Works well now. The other saw was an expensive Milwaukee saw that I’ve used for years as my concrete cutting saw. It lost power and also the blade safety protection was frozen. I cleaned it up and changed its grease as well. I also tightened up the depth mechanism. It worked well in all ways after my repairs, except it still had no power. Must be a bad motor winding so I tossed it. In the afternoon I received my two Arctic Tern windows for the van. Now I really need to get to work. Only the compost toilet hasn’t arrived yet. Leftover rice mushroom soup for breakfast. Nachos for lunch from Tacos El Grullense down the street. Artichokes with waffle potatoes and baked fish for dinner.

Monday: (06/13) Leftover sauerkrauted hash browns with ham and eggs for breakfast. I installed the roof rails on the van. I needed to get some M6 hex bolts to install the rail couplers so I rode the bike over to ACE hardware then stopped at the Grocery Outlet for eggs and milk. Of course I left with a lot more and had lots of fun securing the load on the bike. Back home, I had some of Dawn’s congee for lunch. Evidently, what I’ve been calling rice soup is congee. A relaxing afternoon. I received the spacers for the rear roof fan so I’ll be installing the fans soon. Lou made ribs with green beans and tater tots for dinner.

Tuesday: (06/14) I had a PT appointment at Kaiser to learn how to reduce my back pain. There is always hope. Lou had a dental appointment. We did some grocery shopping at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on the way home. Back home, I relaxed the rest of the day. Granola with banana for breakfast. Chili over leftover breakfast hash browns for lunch. Sauerbraten over baked potato for dinner.

Wednesday: (06/15) I received two of my three solar panels today. I also pruned the maple tree by the driveway to clear my new van. I installed a couple of bricks to let Lou slip by the front porch in her wheelchair. And I worked on my van construction spreadsheet. Granola and banana for breakfast. Leftover chili and rice for lunch. Leftover sauerbraten over baked potato for dinner. I ordered more materials for the van.


 

 

  

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment