Saturday, August 19, 2006

All Around Town

We wanted breakfast so we went over to the Midtown area of Palo Alto to Mikes restaurant. It's one of the two good breakfast places on out list. Jonie's on California avenue is the other. We all shared a nice everything omelette, pancakes and a pesto casserole. More than enough. We then walked around Midtown because they were having a festival. We really enjoyed the visit to a human society booth where they had about twenty extremely playful and cute kittens. We got a good dose and moved on.


I took Dawn's laptop in to get the display fixed. Half the screen is dead. Hope the extended warranty works. They seem to be paying off. Mine has had to be repaired twice.


I tried a couple of hobby shops looking for a new receiver for my RC plane. No luck so I'll get it through the Internet.
Dawn went over to the University to get her textbooks and she and Lou did a little cleaning of her apartment. While I replaced a broken window at the front of the house.


Dinner was at El Rincon, a restaurant across the street from where I worked in San Jose. I had chili relleno, Lou had a taco salad and Dawn a burrito. The place seems to have changed hands and tough good, it wasn't as good as before when I had lunch there most ever day. Darn!


Tomorrow, more things to be done on the growing list of things to do. I hope we can shorten the list so we can get on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment