Saturday, November 16, 2013

A New Hiking Group





Green house stocked up for the winter cold

Saturday: (11/16) I fixed a nice breakfast of home fried potatoes, sausage and eggs.  After breakfast I tinkered in the yard moving many of the potted plants into the greenhouse.

For lunch Iranian potato salad and cheese cake. Lou and I watched the movie A Few Good Men and then about 1400 Dawn and I drove over to Santa Cruz. I had a meeting and Dawn loves the book stores. About 1730 We had dinner at the 99 Bottles Of Beer Restaurant. We shared a Nachos Grande with steak and a cup of Gouda soup. My meeting was with a new Meetup Group called Bay Area Thru-Hiking / Long Distance Backpacking group. The purpose of the group is to support hikers interested in hiking through trails like the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), the John Muir Trail (JMT) and the like. Nice group and I’m even more interested in doing some hikes on the PCT now. After the meeting I met Dawn at the Santa Cruz Bookstore and did some browsing myself before we departed about 2215. We were home in Palo Alto a little after 2300.



No comments:

Post a Comment