Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Dressing Up A Dresser

Wednesday: (06/24) Granola and banana for breakfast. I worked all day on cleaning the shop and rebuilding the old dresser that is used to store all our hardware. In my youth, 55-60 years ago, it was a shared dresser with my brother. It needed some rebuilding because it’s been carrying a heavy load in al the drawers and they were sagging and hard to open and close. There was also some water damage to the back board. I cut out the bad portion of the backboard and replaced it. I repaired (replaced one of the wooden drawer guides and I installed something the original design needed and didn’t have. supports on both sides of the drawers. With all that done, which took most of the day, I waxed all the supports and guides and installed metal tacks as bearings for all the drawers. Works like a champ now. Better than new, except that it still needs painting, which isn’t going to happen. I’d hate to loose the patina. Smoked ribs Baked beans for lunch. Leftover sauerkraut, potatoes and pork for dinner. In the evening, Lou and I went to a City seminar about our new food wast composting procedures. Starting July 1st we’ll be allowed to put food waste and food soiled paper into our composting barrels that the City picks up. That should eliminate a lot of our garbage.

Hardware Cabinet Rebuild 20150628_152304 Hardware Cabinet Rebuild New Guide 20150628_152458
The dresser back in place with new and repaired drawer runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment