Friday, June 26, 2015

Henry Cowell SP, Fall Creek Hike

Friday: (06/26) I walked over to  L&L Hawaiian BBQ and got my sausage, egg, and cheese English muffin sandwich and a maple bar for breakfast which I enjoyed with a in our backyard. I did some watering before heading off for a hike.


I met my hiking buddies, San Jose Mid-Week Hikers Meetup Group, in Felton for the hike. The hike was a wonderful 7.7 mile (or possibly 8.6 miles per the maps) past an interesting historical lime kiln site and a barrel mill site going through nicely forested areas. I clocked a 1470 feet elevation change with 2657 feel total gain. Here is my GPS track. After the hike I had chicken and chips from Safeway for lunch. Bacon and spinach salad for dinner.
Big Basin SP Fall Creek To Big Ben Tree Hike Lime Kiln 439137481 Big Basin SP Fall Creek To Big Ben Tree Hike 439140335
The old lime kiln on the left. Nice trails.
Big Basin SP Fall Creek To Big Ben Tree Hike 438835753 Big Basin SP Fall Creek To Big Ben Tree Hike 438835759
The old barrel mill on the left, a nice thistle flower on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment