Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Little Work And Fun

Tuesday: (01/07) I was the chauffeur again today. I took Lou to an appointment in Santa Clara and Dawn to an appointment in San Jose. After that, we went to lunch in Campbell at Aqui’s restaurant. We then located Dawns Health Care offices in South San Jose and dropped off some papers. We returned to Santa Clara and visited the Walmart Neighborhood Market for a few things , then headed home. I then took Dawn to the library to pick a book she ordered. At home, I made spaghetti for dinner. In the evening I scheduled a hike for next Monday and applied for the permit.

Wednesday: (01/08) Leftover spaghetti for breakfast. I tinkered in the morning. I fed the cat and gave him some attention. I installed new armrests on the wheelchair. And then I started moving the paving bricks from the pallet in the driveway to the side of the house. It doesn’t seem like I’ll be getting to that job soon. I can’t start until Lou and Dawn finish using the tent for their cleanup activities. Before I finished, we all headed off to return some equipment to La Avanidas senior center. We then went to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. On the way home, we shopped at Sprouts. Back home I finished moving the bricks and tied the pallet on top of the little car to be returned later. Dawn made some soup for dinner. I finished an electrical drawing and notes for the RV.

Thursday: (01/09) A rainy relaxing morning. Leftover spaghetti for breakfast. We finally headed out to lunch and for an indoor walk. We tried to leave and got a call from Cecelia that she was coming over to talk. We returned the one block back to the house. Again, we departed and tried to get lunch at a Panera Bread but the line was out the door. We continued on to Super Taqueria, Lou and I shared a super burrito and Dawn had a quesadillas. We stopped by a thrift store and a Target store to fulfill Lou’s need for a walk. Back home, I got to work on the RV and removed the old solar controller and rewired the shunts. Tomorrow, hopefully, I’ll get the new DC-DC charger installed. More leftovers for dinner.

Friday: (01/10) It was raining in the morning. Later, I worked on the RV installing a cable from the starting battery to the new charger in other battery compartment and removed some cabling related to the old charger and solar controller. I fried some eggs and vegetable bacon and added toast for my breakfast. Lou and Dawn had spaghetti. Leftovers for dinner.

Saturday: (01/11) Granola and banana for breakfast. I worked on the RV electrical mods installing and rerouting some cables. Lunch at Super Taqueria again. Lou and I stopped by Lowe’s Home Improvement to get some hardware. And then a stop at Sprouts before getting home. I did some more work on the RV. I still need to install one cable and the temperature sensor and then check it out. Unfortunately I ran out of #4 cable so it has to wait until tomorrow's shipment arrives. Scalloped potatoes with carrots and sausage for dinner.

Sunday: (01/12) Dawn’s leftover soup for breakfast. I finished installing the Renology DCC50S dc-dc charger in the RV. I was missing enough of the proper sized cable to finish the install so I installed a temporary larger cable and tested the operation. Nothing smoked but the breaker that connects to charger to the house battery tripped when I ran the RV engine. Further looking at the manual told me that it may be too low a rating. I had gone down 5 amps and it should be higher. I ordered the needed cable and breakers. The cable came just after I tested it. I installed the new cable and put away all my stuff that I collected for the installation. We went to Super Taqueria again for lunch.. Leftovers for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment