Sunday, May 1, 2022

Pinnacles NP Hikes

Sunday: (05/01) Leftover salad for breakfast. We finished up preparing for Lou and Dawn to leave in the jeep with the trailer and head home. They need the things they will need in the next couple of days to be with them. I prepared to roll. I took care of dumping the tanks after our week here. They were pretty full. I added enough water to the fresh tank for my stay at the pinnacles but didn’t make it full because there was a line behind me and I didn’t need it full. I stopped in SLO for gas at Costco then at the Taco Temple for a big burrito for dinner tonight and tomorrow. Did I mention big. Then another stop in Atascadero at a Smart and Final Market for a couple of things. And I stopped for lunch in Paso Robles at the Golden Dragon Chinese Buffet. Then I was finally back on the road at about 1300. I took Highway 152 from San Lucas over to Highway 25 then up to the Pinnacles. I settled into my campsite at about 1600. Time to relax. I did walk the campground about 1800 then had my dinner, ⅓ of my burrito.

Monday: (05/02) I got up early and took a shower. I made a ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. All my hikers were early so we were off a little after 0900 to drive up to the trailhead. We hiked my Pinnacles Grand Loop hike, 10.5 miles going through all the caves and tunnels and through the High peaks rocks. No condors were seen today. The views were nice and the weather excellent though a bit warm. After the hike I hosted a lemonade party at the RV since I only had 5 fellow hikers. After they left I had another shower and relaxed in the RV the rest of the afternoon and evening. Dinner was more of my burrito. I prepared the RV to roll in the evening since I plan to roll out of the campground at about 0500 to beat the morning commute traffic going home. So slides were brought in.

Tuesday: (05/03) I awoke at 0430, ate a banana and did the final ready to roll items and left camp. Only one other vehicle on the road until I got near Hollister, then I was in a traffic jam from Hollister to San Jose. I thought going through there at 0530 would have been better. I got home around 0700. I warmed up my final ⅓ of the burrito I've been dining on the last three days. Nice breakfast. Lou and I moved the recliners out of the trailer and I returned the trailer to Uhaul. But, now the sewer replacement project had moved in just in front of our house so both the Jeep and RV were left out on the highway. We were busy watching the construction the rest of the day. I had a salad for lunch. About 1600 some of the equipment cleared out from in front of our driveway so I asked if I could bring in the RV. I fetched the RV but by the time I got back even more equipment was in the way. They were enlarging the pit in front of our house in preparation for tomorrow's pull. I parked and waited while they dug two pits out but I was parked on where their third pit was to be so they plated up the big hole and I parked the RV back in the driveway. Next project was to repair the washer. The water level switch was broken. I located a replacement and ordered it. $60 dollars and a week and we’ll be back in business. I picked up dinner from Chili's Restaurant, BBQ ribs.

 

 

 
Giants feet and snoopy.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment