Thursday, May 26, 2022

Bad Back Doctor Visit

Thursday: (05/26) Granola and diced apple for breakfast. I had a doctor's appointment at Kaiser this morning. My back has been bothering me and Lou spotted a lump. Since I was seeing the doctor at Lou's insistence, she accompanied me. Dawn came along as well and visited the Library. The doctors says that the lump is just an old age thing, actually has some name but my description may be more accurate. As to the pain, she sent me to get an x-ray and ordered blood work so we visited the lab and drove to Kaiser Santa Clara for the x ray since the Mountain View clinic’s machine was kaput. We then had lunch at Applebee’s then I dropped Lou and Dawn off at a thrift store and I got gas for the Jeep. Back home, I installed the new cooler pump that Amazon delivered. It wasn't easy due to the location of the cooler and a change in pump layout requiring wiring and tubing changes. Everything is cool in Ernie’s trailer now. I relaxed the remainder of the day. Lou made chili sizes for dinner.

Friday: (05/27) Granola and diced apple for breakfast. I installed the replacement water level switch in the washer. I spent some time in the new van measuring and planning. I also weeded the park strip. It had a lot of burrs that would likely enter the van with my constant in and out. Lou and Dawn had an appointment then had brunch at Coupa Cafe. When they got back, I took Dawn for a ride in the van and stopped and got my lunch at China Wok, some fried rice and coconut shrimp. At home, We all prepared dinners. I started sauerkraut potatoes with pork in the slow cooker. Lou was baking BBQ ribs in the oven. Dawn made a chicken soup with salsa and peanut butter in another slow cooker. Dawn won, we had soup over rice for dinner. Lou and I took a drive in the van after dinner.

Saturday: (05/28) I drove down to San Jose to get some lumber from the attic there at Dawn’s house. It was left there 35 years ago with the plan to make a couple of rooms up there. Never happened. Breakfast at La Victoria in San Jose. It is well seasoned wood now. I’ll use it for the van mock up and build. I also picked up three sheets of hardboard for the mock up. It is odd that it isn't much more than cardboard sheets. Back home, I put the wood away and started a little shop cleanup. It needs a lot of cleanup. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Sauerkraut with potatoes and pork for dinner. I took an evening run looking for a microwave/convection oven and did a test drive on the freeway to check MPG. This is the last day of my 7 day return period.

Sunday: (05/29) Ham and eggs with toast for breakfast. Some tea in the backyard. Watched the SF Carnival parade. I tinkered with the van laying out the interior with blue tape. Salad for lunch. Leftover sauerkraut with potatoes and pork for dinner.

Monday: (05/30) Granola for breakfast. Artichokes and pork chops for lunch. Lou made my birthday cranberry pear pie today, only 5 weeks after the day. She is so much like myself. I worked in the shop until about 1400 cleaning out junk from past projects. I’ll need lots of room to work and store materials for the van soon. BBQ bibs with fries and broccoli for dinner. In the evening I placed an order for much of the materials I’ll be installing in the van. Electrical, plumbing, refrigerator, etc.

Tuesday: (05/31) Granola and berries for breakfast. Lunch from the Safeway deli. Lou had a dental appointment. Dawn and I went to the Stanford Engineeringbuilding to attend a presentation by groups providing disability assistance applications. Dawn had provided input to one of the teams. Leftover peanut butter chicken soup over rice for dinner. 
 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment