Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Covid Booster #2

Wednesday: (05/04) Granola and banana for breakfast. Busy catching up on my sewer project and apartment building inspections. They made some progress on the projects while I was gone last week. Salad for lunch. Artichokes from our plants and baked potatoes with steak for dinner.

Thursday: (05/05) I made a ham, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast. Another busy day watching them connect the laterals lines to the new sewer. Unfortunately, the pipe came in high so there are several more lateral line that were too low so a new line had to be installed to provide proper drainage. They were also removing a lot of the scaffolding on the building down the street. I had a salad for lunch. Then I had to head off to Kaiser to get my 2nd covid booster shot. On the way back I stopped at Walmart Neighborhood Market for a few (lots) of things. Lou made artichoke chicken over rice with broccoli for dinner.

Friday: (05/06) Granola and banana for breakfast. Salad for lunch. We went to the nursery and bought a bunch of plants. I got some corn and peppers for my garden to replace the ones that never sprouted from seed. I also got some color flowers for the planters. Back home, I planted them all in the garden and planters. Dawn’s baked beans and Lou’s cornbread for dinner. Otherwise, on this hit day, I just watched the sewer pipe replacement project work.

Saturday: (05/07) First thing done was to plan a new hike route and post a hike at Foothills Preserve for Tuesday. Scrambled eggs with ham and cheese and some cornbread with honey for breakfast. I swapped out the Gell batteries in one of Lou’s scooter battery packs with some LiPo batteries. I put them on the charger to see what voltage they charge too. Then I’ll get them tested for range. I put the washer back together and manually set the water level to large load. The new switch won’t get here until next week. We all went up to Redwood City to get Lou’s Mother’s day prime rib from Harry’s Hofbrau. I had my usual lasagna. Of course it also included a visit to the Saver’s Thrift store. Back Home I decided to do another search for my van. It’s been looking like new one’s won’t be available for more than a year and used one’s are almost always overpriced for worn out high mileage vans. Well, today I found a low mileage one with many of the added features I would be getting with a custom ordered van. It’s from Carvana has 15K miles for $45K. While that is more than a used van should cost, it is way low for anything I’ve seen, and I’ve been looking for quite a while. The online buying experience is not easy. The van was in the process of being bought by someone else. I continued to check it and that hold timed out after about 30 minutes so I jumped in. I’m hesitant to spend money anyway so I lost my hold myself later and it was immediately being held by someone else again. But I persisted, watched the clock and got it myself again later and completed the process. I’m supposed to pick it up 5/24, delayed a little by our next camping trip. Leftover salad for dinner.

Sunday: (05/08) Leftover lasagna for breakfast. A windy cold day. I wanted to test the range on the new Lithium batteries I put in one of lou’s scooter battery packs. The range should be around 8 miles. We all got on our scooters and rode down to Castro Street in Mountain View, a little over 4 miles. Lou’s new battery made it for over 9 miles but a couple of blocks from home. Dawn’s battery died about the same. Lou’s scooter went through three old batteries. Since the new batteries proved themselves, I ordered 6 more to reload three battery packs. Hopefully that fixes Lou’s dying batteries. A ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Chili and toast for dinner.

Monday: (05/09) Another cold breezy day. Dawn and I made a Costco and Walmart run for a few things. I checked all the remaining scooter battery packs. Not many good batteries including two of the lithium batteries. Then more van planning. Rice and diced apple for breakfast. Salad for lunch/ Chicken over rice for dinner.

Tuesday: (05/10) A cool morning. I prepared my usual hikers breakfast of a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. I met my fellow SJMW hikers at Foothills Nature Preserve for an 8.5 mile loop hike. Great weather with some gusty wind and broken clouds but really nice in the sun and great views of the bay and mountains. Back home, I checked on the construction projects and had some leftover rice and chicken for lunch. Then I had to provide an insurance verification and bank verification for my Carvana van purchase. Roast chicken with baked potato and asparagus for dinner. I rode my bike down to Walmart to get some 9volt batteries for our recliner control. It is stuck in recline position. Unfortunately, they didn’t fix it?

Wednesday: (05/11) More wind and cold. We moved my old cement mixer and the recliner loveseat out front with free signs on them. The mixer was taken in a few minutes by one of the construction workers. Our sewer project seems to be ready to pull in the last segment of pipe on our street tomorrow. The intersection of our street and the alley by the apartment being built had about 5 contractors working near it. The crew building a fence for an apartment next door, the cement contractor finishing the concrete wall of the new apartment building, electricians preparing a foundation to install a new transformer for the building, the sewer construction crew in the middle of the intersection removing a manhole, a crew installing hangers and window brows for the building, the drywall contractor moving supplies from the basement to the upper floors, and, most importantly, the honey bucket service truck came. I also attended my Wednesday webinar. Rice and banana for breakfast. Squash soup and toast for lunch. Chili beans for dinner.

Thursday: 
(05/12) Rice and diced apple for breakfast. The sewer construction crew pulled in the final section of pipe today. Always fun to watch construction crews. Also the apartment building crews were busy finishing the wall in the alleyway with grinding and patching. Also a crew was installing fencing. Lou’s lentil soup with toast for lunch. I did the RV tank duty and washed the windshield. We need to roll out of here tomorrow morning. While I had the date marked on my calendar, Lou was thinking we left on Sunday rather than Friday. We previously had reservations that started Sunday in Pismo Beach but changed them to go North to Sam Taylor State Park instead. I noticed the date after lunch so we shifted gears to get ready. All packed and ready now. I made a grocery shopping run and picked up dinner at Lucky Chinese Bistro. After dinner, I harvested 10 artichokes which Lou steamed and we had an after dinner snack. The rest were put in the fridge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment