Monday, May 23, 2022

New Van Arrival

 Monday: (05/23) Granola and banana for breakfast. We all drove up to Daly City and picked up my new to me van from Carvana. It’s a 2019 with 15K miles on it. A few papers to sign for the DMV title and we were off. Quick process. Lou and Dawn each got individual test drives with me. It only has two seats for now. Then they were off thrifting and had lunch on the way home in San Mateo at Jack’s Restaurant. I drove the van home and read the manual. Two things I needed to know. How the cruise control worked and how to open the fuel fill door. To my surprise it wasn’t at all complicated. It does.t lock, yu jt pull it open from the bottom rear. Duh!. Not key fob button, no inside button, no pull latch. And, no protection since the fuel cap is unlocked as well. Something to replace. Leftover Spanish rice for dinner.

Tuesday: (05/24) Hot day. Lou and I drove the van down to San Jose and met the termite inspector for our annual inspection. All OK. Lou visited with Cecelia down the street. Lunch at the Country Inn in San Jose. On the way home we stopped at Walmart for groceries and Harbor Freight for RV leveling ramps. Worked at escaping the heat the rest of the afternoon. Salad for dinner

Wednesday: (05/25) Granola and diced apple for breakfast. Ernie’s cooler water pump failed. I confirmed it was the pump, not the switch and then ordered a replacement. One thing about the bay area is that evaporative coolers and parts are not available here. I also weeded my garden. Then I raised the new van on blocks and crawled under it to inspect everything. All OK. I can’t get a professional inspection in my time frame due to scheduling already out more than 2 weeks everywhere and also because most shops can’t raise a tall vehicle. Then, after a shower, I cut my hair and beard, then another shower. After salad for lunch, I drove the van up Page Mill Road then out Alpine Road to Tarwater Trailhead. A good bad road test with a good climb and bumpy narrow road. No problems. I came down on Highway 9 into Saratoga. I stopped at Smart and Final and Knob Hill to get granola and tea. Then I filled the van with gas. I also stopped at Walmart for a gas log book. Later, I hooked up my OBD2 scanner and checked the van for problems. One sensor test failed with a reading of .027 for a test that should read between .03 and 1.999. It really doesn’t seem important. I’ll have to do more research to try and find out what it senses. Lou made corn on the cob with ham steaks and French fries for dinner.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment