Friday, May 13, 2022

Point Reyes, Sam Taylor SP

 Friday: (05/13) Up early, showered and prepared to roll. We were on the road about 0745 just before the street would close for the construction in front of the house. Traffic was light, even through San Francisco's 19th avenue but there was a backup there because of lane closures. We passed our exit from Highway 101 but came into the park on different, better country roads a little North. We arrived at 1030, much too early for our campsite and there was nowhere to park to wait so we drove out to Point Reyes Station. Lou and Dawn looked around while I rested. We returned to the campground and settled in a little after 1400.

Saturday: (05/14) Granola and banana for breakfast. Lou and I erected our tent that she and Dawn use for crafts and games while I’m out playing. Otherwise, we relaxed in the park around camp most of the day. Lou made strawberry pancakes with ham for lunch. About 1530 We took a drive. I explored some trailheads for upcoming hikes. We stopped at a garage sale and a thrift store in Geronimo. We drove through Fairfax and decided we must return to explore more there. I wanted to see more trailheads so we drove the Fairfax Bolinas Road through the mountains to Highway 1. I examined where the Bolinas Ridge trail crosses the road and how it’s located to the Pantol Campground. I’m planning a backpack hoike through here in the future. We enjoyed the view from the top of San Francisco, Oakland and the bay. We were back to camp by 1830. Leftover spaghetti with home grown artichokes and toast for dinner.

Sunday: (05/15) A cool day today. Latkes and ham for breakfast. We all had out showers. Hamburgers for lunch. Relaxed in camp all day today. Leftover soup with toast for dinner.

Monday: (05/16) I made my usual hikers breakfast ham egg and cheese sandwich to start. I met Jeff and we both drove down to the Bear Valley Trailhead. Ludamilla and Pavel arrived and we all headed up to the top of Mt Wittenberg. We continued down to the coast trail and stopped for lunch at Sculpted Beach. Then more Coast Trail and back home on Bear Valley Trail. The Bear Valley Trail is really lunch and something like a fern Canyon with not so steep walls, just normal hillsides covered in fern. Lou and Dawn joined me for a shower. We share the shower because it takes one dollar count and four minutes to get warm. Leftover steak and artichokes with baked potatoes for dinner followed by cranberry pear compote.

Tuesday: (05/17) Lou and Dawn had fried oatmeal for breakfast. I had ham and eggs with toast. We explored the shops in the village of Fairfax. Lunch in Fairfax at the Gestalt Haus, sausages with German potato salad and coleslaw. Lou had a dental appointment at 1330 there in Fairfax. After the appointment we drove over to the Kaiser pharmacy in San Rafael to pick up a prescription. Dawn checked the stock at the Goodwill Thrift store in San Rafael. Back home by 1700 so we could run our generator for a few hours before quiet time. I had a good backache all day.

Wednesday: (05/18) I made corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. We relaxed in camp all day. Crab salad for lunch. In the afternoon Lou and Dawn had a campfire. My back was better today. Beef noodles for dinner.

Thursday: (05/19) Leftover corned beef hash and fried eggs for breakfast. I drove Dawn over to Fairfax where she bought a book she had seen. It turns out the most shops don’t open until noon and we had arrived at 1000 so we waited around. I took a short walk in the neighborhood. While I waited for Dawn I enjoyed an ice cream cone and bought a great brownie for later. Back home I had some leftover salad for lunch, and a taste of the big brownie. We showered in the afternoon having finally learned how to prime the hot water for th ehower by running a faucet in the adjacent restroom. Normally, it takes four minutes or a $1 of the hower running to get hot water. We all shower sequentially to keep the water hot. Leftover beef noodles for dinner.

Friday: (05/20) Moving day. I relaxed in bed. My back has been bothering me, on and off, the previous few days so I started the day relaxing in bed. Lou and Dawn did much of the preparations to roll before I got up. I even got to enjoy Lou’s omelet ala “everything in the fridge” in bed. We finished preparations and rolled out a little after 1000. Traffic was high getting out to the freeway in San Rafael but not bad the rest of the way home. We stopped in Millbrae for lunch at Neal’s Cafe. I dropped Lou, Dawn and the Jeep off in San Carlos and they stopped at a couple of thrift shops and the library on their way home. I got LPG and gas in Sunnyvale, then parked at home and settled in. We had pizza for dinner. There is a problem with our inverter that appeared yesterday and persists today. It seems like the transfer really can’t decide which position to be in when the generator or utility power is present.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment