Saturday, January 28, 2006

Boomers Camp

Today I moved out a little after 9am.
Quartzsite QIA Rock and Gem Show Quartzsite QIA Rock and Gem Show
Quartzsite QIA Rock and Gem Show Steve Cody
I went to see the QIA Rock and Gem show, another show that wasn't here a couple of days ago. Big show. I attended a lesson on how to cut and polish rocks, the easy way. Tempting to start a new hobby, but not right now. I walked by the market again for Milk and Orange Juice which I emptied last night. Each visit to the market I fill my backpack.
Quartzsite Boomerville Campsite Quartzsite Boomerville
Quartzsite Road To Boomerville
I then headed out to the free BLM area where the Escapees Boomers group is camped. These are a bunch (Birds OF A Feather in SKP terms) younger, possibly more active campers that get together to boon dock or dry camp at various locations. I'll probably be joining this group.
Right after I arrived, I attended a seminar about diesels. I don't have one and may not get one for a while, maybe longer after listening to the talk. It seems diesels are getting some air pollution controls applied to them, finally, and it may take the manufacturers a while to adjust their engineering. I hope this isn't another MTBE thing and the EPA has done their research first, this time.
Quartzsite Boomerville Show Quartzsite Boomerville Show
About 4pm I went down to attend the Jeroldine Awards meeting. It was unusual to say the least. Several Guys, dressed in drag competing in a beauty contest. Mind you most looked like Bluto, well kind of anyway. After that there was an initiation of new members. About 10 members did a skit something like 99 bottles of beer on the wall. I wasn't recognized as new, fortunately.
Dumb Cactus Smart Cactus
I noticed that some cactii are smarter than others. The one in the middle above left doesn't know which way to go?
Quartzsite Boomerville Sunset
We had a wonderful sunset. Just the right clouds to project onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment