Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Satellites and Pizza

I awoke early and tried to activate the Internet but couldn't connect. So I headed down to Tyson Wells and had breakfast at Gene's Smokehouse and then dropped by the Two Crazy Ladies to finalize an order for some name badges. I then went by Quartzsite Emporium to trade a couple of video tapes. I also dropped by the Post Office and mailed a letter. Wow, such imported matters.
i drove on down to the Main Event parking area and tried again to connect to the Internet. Still no luck. Evidently, there is a problem with one or more of the satellite transponders causing many people to change transponders which is tying up the Network Operations Center (or something like that).
I went on down to the Datastorm Users meeting where Scott (aka Dustyfoot) provided pizza for all. Thanks Scott. It was a nice meeting. I didn't have too much pizza. I've never found such HOT pizza before. My fingers said no more. I forgot my camera again. Pictures are available on wiser folks sites here and here.
I returned to the Crazy Ladies and got my name badges and then returned to the RV. I got connected to the Internet and checked mail and browsed for a while then went to Randy's Hamburger joint for some $1 hamburgers and onions. These are very good and I won't have another chance for such a cheap meal for a while.
I'm not going to leave this evening after all. I'll park in the free camp area and take off early tomorrow. While i have this connection, I'm going to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment