Thursday, January 26, 2006

New Campsite

Quartzsite Camp 2 Quartzsite Helicopter
My permit for the LTVA campsite in Quartzsite expired and I won't be here long enough to make it worth getting another two week permit, so I moved. My new campsite is on Kuehn St Southeast of town The Snowbirg Basecamp is a parking lot by the Incident Response Kitchen known as the Snowbird Cafe, a restaurant in a tent that is normally used to feed firemen at forest fires and other incidents.
This campground is actually just a dirt parking lot, not as nice as my previous camp but only $3 a day. One of my neighbors has a helicopter.
After I moved, I activated the new Link 10 meter. I then needed some materials to dress it up so I went on a walk. I stopped Randy's hamburger joint at the corner of Hwy 95 and Kuehn St. They make a nice burger with grilled onions, fries and a can of soda for $6.
I then continued over to Desert Gardens and looked at some vendors I haven't been to yet. I walked on West to the RV Specialties showroom, then to Kool Kovers factory showroom to see their tin buildings. I then made it to my destination at the Main Event where there is a dealer that has all sorts of electrical trimmings, connectors, fuse holders, shrink tube, cable tubing etc. I picked up what I needed and then went by another dealer to get a second RV mat to match the one Lou got earlier. We now have options for our outside mat.
After returning to the RV, I dressed up the wiring with the tubing I got and installed the new small inverter.
Dinner at the Snowbird Cafe of Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, nice mixed vegetables (peppers, squash, tomatoes, and carrots) and cake with drink for $12. A bit pricey but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment