Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Change Of Plans

Thursday: (05/17) I prepared home fried potatoes with sausage and eggs for breakfast. I cleaned the rest of the grass off the ground and moved some things out of the way for digging. I had tuna and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Lou and Dawn were out thrifting today. Our ever changing plans changed again. We had planned on taking a week away at Pismo Beach next week but realized today that would put us into the Memorial Day Weekend, not a good idea. So we moved our departure up. I washed the RV and Jeep in preparation to leave tomorrow. Lou has an appointment tomorrow afternoon so I'll leave tonight and check in at the park before the crowd arrives. That means the Jeep wont be going on this trip. The little car gets better mileage and there is the possibility of Lou returning for a short visit during our trip. No need for two cars so the Jeep can stay here. Of course that decision was after I washed it and repacked it. Lou and Dawn finished packing and I was off about 2000. I drove down to Camp Roberts Rest Area near San Miguel, about 60 miles North of Pismo Beach. I arrived about 2330 so it was mostly full with trucks stopped for the night. I pulled in to the side of the return ramp with some other trucks. Actually a benefit since almost all the trucks in the lot were running their engines but not a problem on the ramp with no trucks next to me, just one ahead of me.
(GPS: 35.85174, -120.77211)

No comments:

Post a Comment