Thursday, May 10, 2012

South San Francisco Trek

Wednesday: (05/09) I took the 0830 train to San Francisco. I wanted a different path today so i got off in South San Francisco, which is in San Mateo County below San Francisco. I skirted the Southern base of Mount San Bruno walking through South San Francisco to Colma, the city of graves. I stopped and looked around the Serramonte Shopping Center and at Denny's for breakfast a little before noon. Pancakes for breakfast. I then walked up Mission Blvd through Daly City to the Ingleside District of San Francisco. A nine mile walk.

San Francisco Skyline View
A view of the San Francisco skyline.




View Larger Map

Golden Gate Park Fuchsia Dell Sign Golden Gate Park Fuchsia Dell Fuchsias
I then caught the Muni Train to Golden Gate park. There are lots of Dells in Golden Gate park. Guess what the feature of the Fuchsai Dell is? i also visite the Rhododendron Dell, The Tree Fern Dell, basically a walk around many of the trains on the North East End of the park.

Corned Beef Hash At The Crepevine Restaurant
About 5pm I got hungry so I stopped at the Crepevine Restaurant nearby on Irvington where I had their "Santa Fe" which is an excellent homemade corned beef hash and eggs. After dinner it was rather cool. I was dressed in my shorts and had no jacket and with no sun it had cooled off to almost uncomfortable. I caught the Muni train to the Caltrain Station and caught the 730 train home.


No comments:

Post a Comment