Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thursday: (11/27) Other than unloading all my dirt buckets from the Jeep, I relaxed all day, other than the difficult job of over eating. Popcorn for breakfast. The holiday dinner was at 1400. We managed to keep it rather simple. Lou and Ernie did the bulk of the work while Dawn and Courtney contributed. Since we were just six (Lou, Dawn, Ernie, Courtney, Cecilia, and myself) we didn't need the addition of the 4' x 8' sheet of plywood to make a big table. That made the morning even more relaxing.

Friday: (11/28) Even though it was Black Friday and we don't like crowds at all, we went out shopping today. Our plan was to visit the small shops in the small towns nearby North of us on the peninsula. As we passed through San Mateo I noticed a new restaurant called Jack's with a full parking lot. In one of it's previous lives, it used to be a Lyon's Restaurant and when I was going to school nearby I used to spend Friday nights in it's parking lot before returning to the school TV station, KCSM to work on the studio equipment. It was my home away from home. The new place was really fancy but had the two things we like, low prices and excellent food. My corned beef hash was great.  We continued North to San Bruno visiting all the thrift stores along the way. Lou was happy finding a Tandy Leather Store in San Bruno as well. Lunch was deserts at Neal's in Burlingame. We managed to spend the whole day out and bought nothing. Excellent. Leftovers for dinner.

Saturday: (11/29) Had a little rain overnight. I relaxed much of the morning planning hikes and our winter trip itinerary. Then I Tinkered on a few projects. The front door wouldn't lock any more so I had to adjust the receivers due to misalignment from house settling. Lou made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Leftovers for lunch. Dawn made Pastrami and jam panini sandwiches for dinner.

Sunday: (11/30) A nice rainy morning. I wanted to see our sump pump run since i haven;t checked it this season. I waited and watched but nothing during a prolonged heavy rain. So i went out in the rain to check the sump and found it full. I had unplugged the pump earlier in our drought to assure it didn't dump perfectly good water into the street. Now that we have some rain it needs to be on again. Otherwise, i genrally just tinkered around inside. Lou and I did some closet thinning today. On our way to lunch we dropped the spoils of our efforts off at Goodwill. Lou made latkes and bacon for breakfast. We visited LUU Noodle House for lunch. Dawn made turkey and rice soup for dinner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment