Friday, May 15, 2015

Brook Trail Loop, Sam McDonald park

Friday: (05/15) Breakfast from Jack In The Box, a Loaded Breakfast Sandwich. That is my favorite pre-hike breakfast, big enough but not stuffy. I signed up to take a hike with the San Jose Mid-Week Hikers Group at Sam McDonald park in the mountains of Southern Sam Mateo County about 15 miles NW of home. Alex picked me up so I didn't have to drive dizzy. Actually, I had no problems with my knees nor head on the hike. It was nice to get out, probably the best medicine. We hiked the Brook Loop Trail doing 8.3 miles with 901 feet elevation change and 2339 feet of altitude gain. Little sun on the hike but no rain and the trails were not muddy. Spaghetti for lunch, Dawn's chicken soup for dinner.

Pescadero Creek County Park_437473725 Pescadero Creek County Park_437473561
Here I am caught thinking about something at a break on the hike. On the right our view from the top of the hill.

Pescadero Creek County Park_437473671 Pescadero Creek County Park_437472472
Some nice redwood forest and interesting plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment