Sunday, April 19, 2020

Pruning Apricot Tree

Sunday: (04/19) Granola for breakfast. We ordered a late lunch from Harry’s Hofbrau. I really like their lasagna and Lou and Dawn shared a prime rib dinner. Ernie had roast turkey. I suppose Hobbes, the cat, shared with Ernie. Evidently the friction fit of the end cap on my stub out wasn’t enough to keep it on when Dawn took a shower this morning. It flooded part of the hole. I hated to waste the fittings so no glue but I did tape it on now. We enjoyed lunch in the backyard. In fact we enjoyed much of the day outside. I trimmed all the dead branches from our apricot tree. It may be on its last legs. Not too much left due to a blight. I decided to take the day off. Everything should be ready to pour the base for the garden edge bricks. Tomorrow will be another day off because of rain. We plan to do our grocery shopping then. Tomato soup for dinner.

Monday: (04/20) Lou and I headed off to the Neighborhood Walmart Market in Santa Clara to do our shopping. We managed to spend two hours and over $300 dollars and mostly bought what was on our list. Back home we prepared eggs, sausage and tater tots for breakfast. We didn’t have any of the forecast rain but I still didn’t do any work. I did do a little tidying up in the RV putting away some of the extra stuff from my projects. Lou made spaghetti for dinner.

Tuesday: (04/20) Granola and banana for breakfast. Lou and I headed off to do some more shopping at Sprout’s Market after breakfast. Back home, I got busy outside setting up the mixer to pour. I poured the subbase for the garden edge and walkway to the arbor. For the average person this would have been a simple job. Unfortunately it’s me doing this job. I dug the way deep for the base so it will be 9-10 inches thick. That made the job bigger by 2-3 times. I moved a lot of the baserock which I stabilized with cement such that it is just a weaker concrete. I didn't want the baserock to sluff out when the garden is tilled. I finished up about 1630 but didn’t get everything cleaned up until 1730. Now I get to wait a day or few for it to dry before capping it with paving bricks. Lou made chicken potato and corn hash for lunch. Our afternoon snack was Brussels Sprouts. Dinner was Lou’s chili.
 

Wednesday: (04/22) Off to shop a Grocery Outlet Market before breakfast. I made a run to Lowe’s Home Improvement to get some mortar and more potting soil for the garden. I pulled some of the stakes from the forms and tilled and filled the remaining part of the garden. I also cleaned up the RV a little and moved my office from the dinette to get ready for our camping trip.Chili beans for lunch. I made bell peppers with chorizo and rice for dinner.
 


Thursday: (04/23) I removed the rest of the forms from the garden edge and added some more garden soil to top it off. I then cleaned up the work area and salvaged the forms for reuse. I also pulled four 200 pound concrete blocks from next to Mount Donald (a large pile of dirt next to a raised flower bed. I intend to increase the size of the raised bed to include much of Mt Donald. Granola and banana for breakfast. Chili beans and an artichoke for lunch. Pasta and roast tomatoes for dinner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment