Tuesday, March 31, 2015

PCT MM266 Zero At Big Bear

Tuesday: (03/31) Up a 0730, why? Walked to breakfast at the Teddy Bear Restaurant where I had pastrami hash and eggs. Not that I don't mind a good meal but due to the huge use of calories on a long hike, I have an excuse to over eat though I really have no special hunger.

PCT Big Bear Hostel 0276 PCT Big Bear Hostel 0278
My room at the hostel and one of the recreation rooms.

I then started work. I washed all my clothes. They seemed to need it. Then off on a bus to go the eight miles back to the Big Bear City Post Office. My package was in and heavy so I returned on the next bus.

Big Bear Village Mexican Restaurant 0283
Then it was lunch time so I stopped at El Jacalito Mexican restaurant for some excellent beef pot roast enchiladas. They also had a good salsa bar. I ate outside. The skies were clear and it was warm when I seated myself outside. Shortly, the entire sky was overcast and it was cold. The other customers went inside but I just did a little shivering and finished my lunch..

I organized my pack with the new load and filled all my water bottles. Almost ready to go. Then it was time for dinner a chicken pot pie and vanilla shake. More than I should eat, of course. Off to the trail tomorrow morning. I met another PCT hiker here at the hostel, Marmot. Also, when I signed the register at the Big Bear City Post Office, I was the second for this year. Most must be smart enough to use the post office at Big ahead Lake. My camera WiFi link won't work and I don't have a cable to get the photos off so blog photos will have to wait or I have to take some with this tablet, not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment