Thursday, July 8, 2021

San Francisco Walk-about

 Thursday: (07/08) Granola and banana for breakfast. I worked in the yard in the morning. I cleaned and put some of the tools and materials away from the front patio project. About 1100 I headed off to San Francisco for a hike. I headed to El Torta Gorda for lunch to start. I had a really nice poblano pepper torta. I also cruised around the Mission, Noe valley and Twin Peaks areas finally stopping to park below Twin Peaks. I took a short 2.5 mile hike up to the peaks and around Sutro Tower. The trail around the tower was very muddy. After the hike I did some more cruising before heading home. I enjoyed seeing some areas of San Francisco I hadn’t seen previously. I stopped at the San Carlos Home Depot. I have sworn off buying anything from HD because the CEO/founder is a Trump supporter. Unfortunately there are two things I usually need to get there because of a commitment to specific products. One is the bricks we used for the walkways around the yard. The other is Ryobi tools. All my battery power tools are Ryobi so I need to use them when adding or replacing tools. Sometimes I can get the tools from Amazon which is not an affiliate of HD but they don’t have all the tools available. I decided I wanted a battery spray washer so I had to visit HD. I wanted the spray washer because it is portable and uses less water to clean sidewalks and cars. Roast chicken with peas and baked potatoes for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment