Tuesday, July 20, 2021

San Francisco Walk-About

Tuesday: (07/20) Granola for breakfast. Lou saw activity down the street on the construction project. A pumper truck was setting up and they poured the front foundation. I had planned to go take a walk in San Francisco so Lou dropped me off at the train station about 1015. I walked up to Coit Tower then down to Columbus Street. I picked up lunch at Golden Boy Pizza, the best pizza around. I then walked over to AA Bakery in Chinatown for a piece of cheesecake. I continued on up Columbus to the Maritime Museum and along the Fort Mason bluff. I continued up Chestnut Street to the Palace Of Fine Arts and through Crissy Field to the Golden Gate Bridge. Then along the Batteries To Bluffs Trail through the Presidio to 15 Avenue, up Clement Street then I caught a bus on Geary Street and a transfer to a bus on Divisadero/Castro Street. When I got off at 24th Street at 1755 I decided to check on the hours of La Torta Gorda where I had intended to have dinner. They closed 17 1800 so I didn't bother getting another bus but just walked the street looking for a new place for dinner. I didn’t find anything along the way. As I passed La Torta Gora I confirmed they were actually closed so I had dinner at their neighbor Rosevelt Tamale. Trying to eat at Roosevelt Tamale was how I found La Torta Gorda. Both are outstanding destination dining, for me anyway. I then walked on to the 22nd Street Caltrain Station and on to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment