Friday, August 1, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2154 - 2161, Cascade Locks

Friday: (08/01) Up at 0500, breakfast at an IHOP Pancake House near the transit station. While there it started to rain pretty good. I caught the 0700 Skamania County Transit bus to Cascade Locks. I arrived at the Bridge Of The Gods, the bridge crosses the Columbia River to the Town Of Cascade Locks in Oregon at 0805. I walked across the river to the Post Office and picked up my "resupply", or in this case my supply box of food. I didn't want the extra weight on the train. Then I stopped at the market across the street to get tortillas, water and Fritos. Since this was supplies for 12 days for my planned 10.5 day, 147 mile hike to White Pass where I'll resupply again.
I met Late Nights at the local snack bar where I got a small peanut butter milk shake. Cascade Locks is at the Pacific Crest Trail Mile Marker (MM) 2154. I was on the PCT trail in Washington by 1130. Fortunately, the weather was nice, the rain wasn't here. At 1250, I stopped for lunch at MM 2159 at Gillette Lake by a nice cold stream. There I met a South Bound (SOBO) through hiker named String Bean. At 1740 I stopped for the evening early because the next identified campsite is seven miles up trail and because I haven't slept well these past two days. I was joined at camp by Twelveth Man. Camped at MM 2161.

image
Bridge Of The Gods connects Oregon to. Washington

image

No comments:

Post a Comment