Tuesday, August 12, 2014

PCT Hike, Zero At White Pass, MM 2303

Tuesday: (08/13) Today I worked hard ant relaxing. The day off might not have been necessary but my body will probably appreciate it. Yesterday there were a couple of clouds appearing in the afternoon but it had been warm to hot the previous week. This morning it was overcast. I was hoping the sun would come out and I'd take a swim. It never did. In fact when I was leaving the office after extending for the stay tonight, I felt some sprinkles. I tinkered at the computer all day, if a tablet can truely be called a computer. It's not easy for me to work with often making incorrect spelling suggestions for my spelling errors. In the afternoon sprinkles turned to light rain then heavy rain and thunder. One strike was probably within a half mile by the sound and feel of it. It will be fun out hiking tomorrow in the rain.

image
The Bumping River Ford.. I camped on the far side.

image
One of the may ponds along the trail, most just mosquito generators.

No comments:

Post a Comment