Tuesday, August 5, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2202 - 2216, Mosquito Lake

Tuesday: (08/05) On trail at 0815. I rearranged my pack. When I started from Cascade Locks I used my cheap little day pack to haul my jacket, stove and daily meals. The straps ripped so all that stuff went in the pack and my sleeping bag was tied outside. Since I'd consumed some of the food, I now had room enough. Met All Or Nothing,Tenderfoot, and Living Sweat for dinner at Mosquito Lake. Earlier I found All Or Nothing and Tenderfoot by the trail. They were busy grading on wonderful huckle berries. That slowed me down because I started grazing too. Camped at Junction Lake. Mosquito's here and not at the previous lakes? I had been warned about the mosquito's here but this is wilderness and you can't camp just anywhere. Good thing I have a mosquito net for my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment