Sunday, August 10, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2277 - 2291, Goat Rock Wilderness

Sunday: (08/10) Today was on some interesting trail. This is the Goat Rock Wilderness, after all. The climb up from campsite brought me into the Yakima Indian lands for about a half mile where I had my first snow crossings. From there things got worse, climbing and trailside, that is. The views were great. Narrow, steep trails on extremely steep mountain sides. Several long snow crossings on those strep sided mountains. The mountains seemed like 75 degree slopes. Then the trail was along a knife edged ridge with nice loose rocks. It seemed to go on and on. When the trail finally went down off the ridge it was on the most slippery trail that seemed like hiking on ball bearings. I stopped for dinner at 1830 at MM 2290. I decided to hike on another mile to the next campsite. In that mile there were 8 downed trees across the trail. While up on the ridge I had reserved a room in White Pass for tomorrow.

image
The trail follows along the knife edge of the ridge in the distance.

image
Lots of snow. Mt Raineer in the distance, way North.

image
A nice waterfall I passed.

image

image
Nice flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment