Monday, August 18, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2376 - 2393, Mirror Lake

Monday: (08/18) On trail 0720. Hiked with an older hiker named Steve, from Renton, Washington doing a short section hike much of the morning. He hikes about my speed. I stopped for lunch at an abandoned weather station. Also called home since I had  cell signal. Met Lion Heart, a NB through hiker. Also met a couple with their dog doing a SB week section hike. I've been following horse tracks for a few days on the trail. No problem knowing which is the PCT trail at junctions because the horse isn't allowed on most side trails. I think it's the guy from Bumping River. I did get a good view of Mount Rainier this morning, first time in days and now I'm way north of it. Camped at Mirror Lake, MM 2393 with Lion Heart, Berry Picker, and Steve. Berry Picker is a girl headed SB. Her name comes from the same problem I have, stopping to pick the berries rather than hike. I saw a nice brown snake with a red strip. I also came upon two deer that didn't spook for quite a while even continuing toward me on the trail. Nice to see more wildlife here further North.

image
Mt Raineer finally seen this morning.

image
A couple of my hiking friends.

image
A typical campsite,bare flat ground, or as close as you can get.

image
I like pretty mushrooms as much as flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment