Wednesday, August 13, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2303 - 2317, Bumping River

Wednesday: (08/13) Another luscious breakfast from the tiny market and onto the trail at 0835. It was a very wet and muddy trail and sprinkling until after 1000. I met Kevin, Patrick, and Sam. They are from Seattle and doing a week SB. Otherwise by myself all day. I met a guy and girl with no packs and fishing poles just before stopping for the day. He was horse camping with a pack horse. I had to ford the Bumping River and the camped on the far side of the river. The river was about 20 feet wide And 18 inches deep and no dry crossing to be had. After I had stopped, Able, a NB through hiker stopped to rest before heading on. It was 1800. That's the difference between me and someone who has been doing this for months. I was through at 14 miles stopping here at MM 2316.8.
image
Typical trail.

image
These would look good in our yard. This flower grows from a round all of grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment