Saturday, August 30, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2520 – 2535, Milk Creek

Saturday: (08/30) It rained all night and today. I didn't get up 0800 when there was a lull in the rain. I stowed every thing wet and was back on the trail at 0930. A long uphill today made worst by rain. I can't wear my rain suit because I sweat so much. I'm just as wet but overheated as well so I just hike wet. Even when not raining you get wet from the water on the bushes overgrowing the trail! So I was very wet all day. Fortunately, no wind. After the climb, going down there was a steep, muddy, wet trail. I considered stopping at 12 miles but the site was near the mountain, on rocks near snow. I continued on but finding a campsite was difficult. The first two were taken. I finally found one good enough at Milk Creek, MM 2535, at 2000. Need some sun to dry out. On the trail today I followed two different chickens each for some distance. They can't seem to get the idea to go off the trail? Also lots of frogs seen. Surprise.

0537 PCT Hike Washington 1204 0538 PCT Hike Washington 1205
I found the cupped mushrooms interesting.  Some bridges can be worrisome.

0540 PCT Hike Washington 1207
The mountains here  are steep and have these deep ravines making the trail have to out of the way to find a route up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment