Friday, April 4, 2014

Busy, Busy

Wilton Garden Wilton Backyard
Saturday: (04/05) I worked in the garden setting up the sprinklers in the garden.

Wilton Backyard Wilton Greenhouse
I also plucked a bunch of apricots from the tree to thin the load to reduce broken limbs and possibly get bigger apricots?

Wilton Greenhouse Wilton Greenhouse
Above is the green house with the plants that haven’t found a home in the yard, yet. On the right is the garden Ernie is working on.

I went on a shopping run and picked up shipping boxes at the Post Office, a bucket for my bounce box (contains extra stuff and supplies shipped from Post Office to Post Office) from Lowe’s. I also stopped by Harbor Freight and bought a replacement pump for the pond. When I got home I installed the pump. I also took the RV out to get gas and LPG. I couldn’t get LPG on the way in last trip because it was too late. I like to have the tanks full in case of an emergency. Before I parked it back in the driveway I pruned the tree next to and above it. Cheese blintzes for breakfast. Chinese food for lunch. Black beans with rice and sausage for dinner.

Sunday: (04/06) Lou made eggs, home fried potatoes and bacon for breakfast which we enjoyed in the back yard. Lou and Dawn were busy with some shopping, yard sales and a walk at the baylands to see the birds. I did some more tinkering with the drip watering system. My major project today though was to prepare some resupply boxes for mailing. I’m only preparing supplies for up to Tehachapi which should be about 35 days. Not even 1/4 of the hike, but preparing them is a daunting task. I picked up some boxes at the post office and tried to identify my needs and collected supplies at the markets. I didn’t finish but I should be able to finish next weekend. Lunch at LUU noodle house. Lou made a Waldorf like salad with apples, celery and fennel served with pasta. I returned to San Jose for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment