Sunday, September 7, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2624 - 2641, Hart's Pass

Sunday: (09/07) Up 0630, on trail 0730. I awoke to a deer munching the plants next to my tent. I also had a new pest trying to get at my pack this morning, a weasel or ermine (ferret). It was six miles to Hart's Pass where I had brunch. For a Forest Service road, there was sure a lot of traffic. Nice trail, graded right for the climb. This was supposed to be a 21 mile dry section but there was plenty of water, the longest of no water being about six miles. Camped at MM 2641. 17 miles today. I was joined by three through hikers and Aha, a girl from Seattle doing a section hike.

image

Me at Hart's Pass Guard Station. I took no other photos of me on this hike until now.
image
The mountains in this area have fewer trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment