Monday, September 8, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2641 - 2660, Canadian Border

Monday: (09/08) Up at 0600, on trail 0645. Jerky and a granola bar for breakfast. Spam and cheese wrap for brunch Both meals were quick. I wanted to do 19 miles to the border in time to still have light for a picture. I arrived at the border at 1719 finding Aya and Early Bee there. Later joined by a Brit named Snailtrainer, daVinci, and Foxxy. Aya completed a section hike, the other four the whole hike. Snailtrainer had brought a big bottle of champagne which I joined them in a swig or few. I then went a 1/4 mile further to a campground finding Red Ridinghood and Jamesen and Dick there. Dick is 71 years old and hiked from Rainy Pass. The others remained at the border finishing off other heavy liquids they had brought. We all enjoyed a nice campfire until late.
image
Me at Monument 78, I'm standing in Canada.
image
A nice campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment