Friday, September 12, 2014

Seattle Exploration

Friday: (09/12) Up at 0700. Had breakfast at a restaurant in Chinatown, simple egg white mushroom omelet with a bun. I checked out of the hostel and headed to the train station. The Amtrak  train was actually a Cantrails bus. Excellent driver. Nice to be in US again where I can use my cell phone and it's data plan. I enjoyed some more dim sum in Seattle's Chinatown for lunch. I then got a little more away from downtown to a cheaper motel in the Fremont area. Time to relax and get out on the town tomorrow. Dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant, Perabo Bueno.

Saturday: (09/13) I took a walk to the Blue Star Cafe & Pub for breakfast. I had some very nice corned beef hash and eggs with a scone. From there took a long walk throujgh the Fremont area neighborhood. I then we t downtown to the headquarters REI store for a look around. I managed to leave after only buying trekking poles!e point caps. Now I can stow my poles and not poke holes in everything. Then off to Pikes Marketplace for a look around. I had lunch/dinner there as well, fish and chips. On the way back to the motel I stopped in at a couple of stores and weighed myself and tried on pants. At 200 pounds, I lost 12 pounds and two pants sizes. That after nearly a week of eating out since I finished the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment